Day 12: Desert campgrounds.

July 18th day 12 
Well, today was a pretty short day, we spent our morning blogging and making a big breakfast. We had pancakes and oatmeal.  

One of my favorite parts of today was getting a chance to write a letter of support for one of our camp members from white swan, who unfortunately had to leave the trip for personal reasons. I'm really going to miss them, and I hope they are doing ok. Warren was kind enough to pick up everyone's letters to personally drop them off to the camper.  
I have to say out of all the so far the Spokane campsite has been by far the best. Warren has been the kindest person I have had the pleasure to meet and I hope I get a chance to see him when I come back next year. After we said our goodbyes and we packed up we finally left. 

We couldn't leave until 2pm because Jessica had to clean up her RV.  It took us about 3 hours to get to our campsite. We camped out at the Net Pen RV Park which is located on the Colville Reservation. It was really hot and there was glass everywhere, but at least there was showers and running water, it was also really fun watching everyone's tents fly away. Since we set up camp and made dinner fast we all got a chance to go to the local tribal trading post. It was my first time trying a huckleberry slushy, it was so good! I really hope that I get to try the actual berry soon.  


some huge bees 
Our camp for the day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 11: Best day so far

Day 1 : Here we go

Day 14: The cool foresters.