Day 15: Home at last

July 21/ day 15 

well, this is it. since today is the last day of the trip everyone got up a little earlier than usual. I think some people even got a chance to go swimming. we did our usual routine of making breakfast and lunch, and then we began doing inventory. that took us about an hour to finish, I finished pretty early so I spent the rest of my free time trying to finish some of the handshakes that the campers and I had created. everyone was done around 7:45 so we then packed into the vans and were on our way. everyone was really excited to go home. to our surprise, Jessica still had a couple of stops for us, two of which I enjoyed but the last was a bit boring. our first stop was at the Conville dam, I found this place a bit boring because I have been here a couple of times before, but it was still nice getting to look around with everyone else. the highlight of that stop was when we found Mr. Clinton sitting in the kid's section with a coloring book.
conville dam













The next stop was a small rest stop where we got to see a canyon that once had an enormous waterfall running through it. We stopped here for a while to fill out a small survey. I liked this place we had a great view of the canyon below us.

canyon stop view












The final stop was everyone's favorite for obvious reasons. We stopped at McDonald's to get a bite to eat and to give the students a chance to upload their blogs. this was the moment Rudy had been waiting for the entire trip. He finally got himself a Mc-chicken. His expression was priceless.
Rudy's reaction

At long last 
The first bite. 












I then fell asleep for the rest of the trip home. when I woke up we were passing Yakima and were at last in the valley. when we finally arrived at campus we helped everyone unload everything off the vans and we said our goodbyes. this was one of the saddest parts of the trip because it meant that it was over. The one thing that cheered everyone up was the letters that Pricilla and Amelia had made for everyone. it was such a sweet thing to do. I have to say the drive home that day was great it felt nice having my freedom once again.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 11: Best day so far

Day 1 : Here we go

Day 13 : Waking up in to the perfect view